I didn’t make any targets last year, but I think I need some for 2016. For the sake of progressing and moving forward.
Resolution: a firm decision to do or not to do something
The key word this year is skill. I want to learn several new skills that I think I will enjoy to do and will be useful.
- Able to make bags and purses. I will take sewing classes for it early this year and buy a decent sewing machine.
- Able to play harmonica. I really like the bluesy sound of harmonica and I think this instrument is cool to play. Have been checking some tutorials on Youtube, and I will be diligent to practice. Nothing too ambitious about this, I just want to fluently play a couple of songs.
- Able to make graphical designs using Illustrator and Photoshop. This one is rather tough because not only learning the technique, but I will also need to polish my sense of art.
- Understand and speak basic Swedish.
- Read more books. I’m inspired by Mark Zuckerberg who reads one book a week. I will try that. Yes, 52 books.
That’s all. If they are accomplished, I believe I would be a completely different person by the end of the year :).
Alert: very narcissistic post. Run for your life! 🙂
I have the idea to make this post because it is new year and I am getting older. I never really make any new year resolution before. Mostly I only make such thing on birthdays. Anyway, let’s go to the point. Here are the things I want to do before I turn 30. I really will make some serious efforts to achieve them.
In alphabetical order:
- Buy a property
- Buy my mother some jewelry
- Cook for my family
- Dance among strangers
- Dye my hair
- Finish reading The Godfather, Adolf Hitler, and David Copperfield
- Get lost in a country where I don’t speak the language
- Get married 🙂 (I just realized that I never put this in any resolution. Well, I think now is a good time for it)
- Get my thesis published
- Go to an opera
- Have an official Amalia Suryani website (soon after I finish importing my [selected] writings on multiply to this WordPress profile)
- Have some holiday trips with my boyfriend/husband
- Join a yoga class
- Learn French or continue learning Dutch
- Learn Salsa dance
- Learn to drive
- Learn to use my SLR camera decently and then practice it 🙂
- Make a top model photo style of myself
- Publish one novel which is not teenlit
- Spoil myself with a full day body treatment: spa, massage, menicure and pedicure
- Swim 50 m three rounds in a row (= 300 m)
- Take my sister for holiday overseas or to watch a music concert she wants *
- Traveling around Europe (um, can I do this? I have only two years left! The outstanding countries are Spain, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, uh oh… I should stop. This list is just extended uncontrollably)
- Traveling to Vietnam or Australia or New Zealand
- Try diving or paragliding
- Try skiing (assumption: I am able to visit Europe)
- Send some serious comments and criticisms to the President
- Straighten my teeth (I’ve started the process since last month, hopefully on January I will start to wear braces. And hopefully I have straight teeth before I am 30)
- Switch jobs until I find the one I really enjoy
- Wear a dress to work
I and Wulan agreed to make this list at once and publish it exactly on the first of January. We have a totally different world now: my world of being a single woman and her world of being a wife and mother. Nevertheless, we both come up with 30 interesting things.
Happy new year! Wish you a wonderful year ahead!
PS. You can always make your list yourself. And for the ones who are already above 30, well, you can change the number as you like 🙂
* Syarat dan ketentuan berlaku 🙂